sexta-feira, 10 de setembro de 2010

Slang - Money matters

Complete the gaps in the sentences below using the following words or expressions connected with money matters.
shout - chipped in - to go halves - loan sharks - an arm and a leg
cheapskate - the tab - mingy - skint - tout - fiver

A- This suit cost me ____________
B- My brother is a real ___________
c- Do you want __________ with me on a bottle of wine?
D- _________ charge very high interest for lending money.
E- He only gave his son five dollars for the trip. He’s so_______
F- Anyone want another drink? It’s my________
G- I’m _________. Can you lend me a __________?
H- Bill picked up ____________ for dinner.
I- The___________charged me twice the normal price for the tickets.
J- We all__________to buy a new television.


Answers: A- an arm and a leg B- cheapskate C- to go halves D- loan sharks E- mingy F- shout G- skint / fiver H- the tab I- tout J- chipped in

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário